Rubin Museum of Art
Rubin Museum of Art is home to a comprehensive collection of art from the Himalayas and surrounding regions. Through changing exhibitions and an array of engaging public programs, the Rubin Museum offers opportunities to explore the artistic legacy of the Himalayan region and to appreciate its place in the context of world cultures.
Interns in all museum departments are invited to participate in several group activities per semester:
Brown bag lunches: staff guests discuss their jobs as well as their educational, professional, and artistic backgrounds allowing interns to learn about various museum departments and careers.
Private tours of NYC cultural organizations: these trips are designed to expose interns to the broader New York City arts world, as well as the field of Himalayan studies. Past tours have included: Asia Society, ICP, Latse Contemporary Tibetan Cultural Library, and CUE Art Foundation.
All internships are unpaid. Academic requirements may be fulfilled by arrangement with the individual college or university. Rubin Museum interns receive the following benefits:
- Free admission at museums across the country
- Free admission to Rubin Museum programs when/if available 10% discount on food and beverage at Café Serai
- 25% discount on most items in the Rubin Shop, with a 40% discount on Rubin Museum publications
- 10% discount on selected Rubin programs.
- 25% discount on gift memberships
- Invitation to the annual Volunteer Appreciation Event