Performa is a multidisciplinary non-profit arts organization dedicated to exploring the critical role of live performance in the history of twentieth century art and to encouraging new directions in performance for the twenty-first century. Part of Performa’s mission is to present a biennial of visual art performance in New York City that illuminates the critical role of performance in the history of art as well as its enormous significance in the international world of contemporary art.
Ideal for undergraduate or graduate students interested in producing live performances, event planning, and non-profit arts administration, this internship will assist with all elements of the production process as well as various administrative projects. Candidates must be detail-oriented, versatile, and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment with a desire to learn about the production process for multidisciplinary performances and special events.
Working with the Producing Director, intern will:
– Research potential venues and locations;
– Schedule production meetings, and venue tours;
– Conduct research and help co-ordinate Performa touring productions, exhibitions, and film program;
– Assist with the Performa Archives and media preparation;
– Source production equipment, materials, and supplies;
– Assist with technical rehearsals, dress rehearsals, and performances as needed;
– Assist with the preparation of grant applications, final reports; and proposals of all kinds.
Ideal candidate is currently seeking or has obtained a BA degree and has a background in Art History or Studio Art. S/he has a strong knowledge of contemporary art with an interest in performance, excellent communication and organizational skills, a great attitude, fluency in Mac computer platforms and MS Office, and has some video and/or photo-editing experience. This position is a minimum of 2 days per week, 10:00 am to 6:00 pm, though 3-4 days per week is preferred. Internship may include some evening and weekend events. The internship is unpaid, but Performa will supply a monthly unlimited Metrocard.
Please send resumes to email@example.com
Performa is looking for a photography/videography intern responsible for producing videos and still photos that are consistent with our vision and voice. This position is ideal for undergraduate or graduate students interested in and with skills in photography, video production, video editing, marketing, and social media strategy. The candidate must be detail-oriented, versatile, and able to multitask in a fast- paced environment with a desire to learn about the marketing strategies for multidisciplinary performances and special events.
BACKGROUND AND QUALIFICATIONS:
– A strong visual aesthetic
– Video editing, and visual, multimedia production skills
– An interest in creative, visual storytelling and a desire for discovery
– Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign
– Basic Keynote or PowerPoint skills
– Collaborating with the team on marketing ideas
– Experience with all social media platforms
– Photo editing and video production skills REQUIRED
The photography/videography intern will…
– Shoot material out of the office, in the field, including photos, videos, interviews of artists, and performances;
– Edit material into short videos and trailers;
– Conduct research and help produce a shoot;
– Assist with the Performa Archives and media preparation; – Source production equipment, materials, and supplies.
Ideal candidate is currently seeking or has obtained a BA degree and must have a strong background in photography and videography. S/he has a strong knowledge of contemporary art with an interest in performance, excellent communication and organizational skills, a great attitude, fluency in Mac computer platforms and MS Office, and must have video and/or photo-editing experience. This position is 2-4 days per week, 10:00 am to 6:00 pm.
Please include a link to your personal website/portfolio so we can view some of your past work and let us know the type of photography/videography equipment that you own. Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.