Individual Gifting Events Associate Full Time Position- TDF
520 Eighth Avenue, Suite 801
New York, NY 10018-6507
Individual Giving and Events Associate
Organization: Theatre Development Fund (TDF)
Location: New York, NY
Position Type: Full Time Permanent
About Theatre Development Fund
Theatre Development Fund, Inc. (“TDF”), a not-for-profit organization, founded in 1967 to promote the performing arts, is a broadly-oriented service and advocacy organization dedicated to bringing the power of the performing arts to everyone. TDF’s activities fall into three areas. TDF expands access, making the performing arts accessible to all by removing cultural, physical and financial barriers. TDF cultivates communities of theatergoers by engaging, educating and encouraging people to make the performing arts an essential part of their lives. TDF supports theatre makers and sustains creators, advancing the industry through convenings, research and the TDF Costume Collection. Through its programs, TDF brings theatre into the lives of over 2,000,000 people per year. TDF’s efforts are primarily focused in New York, but it has also been involved in audience development efforts for the performing arts across the United States and, on a limited basis, internationally.
In the five years leading up to COVID-19, TDF grew its fundraising department from three to six and increased contributed revenue by more than 50%, raising $3M annually. Coming out of the pandemic we are working diligently to return contributed revenue to pre-pandemic levels, with a focus on sustaining new donors who provided much needed emergency support during the shutdown.
About the Position
The Individual Giving and Events Associate is a new position created to help grow donations from individuals at the grassroots level, build a pipeline for major contributors and be an integral member of TDF’s fundraising team. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Individual Giving and Events, the Individual Giving and Events Associate will implement two annual appeals generating $250k+ annually, while also creating welcoming engagement events that cultivate new supporters and help to grow TDF’s Champions program. This position requires a creative marketing eye and positive attitude as TDF works aggressively to grow contributed revenue generated from individuals.
The successful candidate will be able to prioritize assignments, work under pressure, and enjoy working on a team positioning itself for growth. The work for this position has the possibility of a remote/office hybrid schedule which is typically 35 hrs/week. Some evenings and weekends will be required. In this role, the right candidate will have full ownership of but not limited to the following:
• Implement all aspects of fall and spring annual appeals for gifts below $1,000: Create and implement appeal plans, manage outside vendors, track progress and report on results; plan and implement marketing campaigns for Giving Tuesday and TDF Giving Day
• Work to identify potential Champion level donors to be cultivated
• Provide support for revenue generating events, facilitating administrative duties and record keeping
• Coordinate 5-8 engagement events per year that include scheduling events, booking venue, preparing menu, assigning seating, working on invites, tracking RSVP, researching event attendees, scheduling, and implementing event postmortems
• Support Senior Manager, Individual Giving and Events as needed
• Support department with data entry and acknowledgements when the Department Coordinator is out
• You are passionate about or have an interest in the performing arts and making it accessible to all
• You understand the importance of being able to effectively communicate, including being a good listener and writer; you are a strong proofreader and self-editor
• You have experience or interest in marketing and events
• You are detail oriented with excellent time management and organizational skills
• You take initiative, are flexible and work well both independently and with a team
• You are a creative thinker and problem solver who works well with others and has a desire to learn and implement new ideas
• You have a basic understanding of InDesign, Photoshop, Wordfly and SurveyMonkey or similar programs. Experience with Tessitura is a plus but not mandatory
Compensation and Benefits
Salary range is $45k-$50k and an excellent benefits package is offered which includes medical, dental, vision and PTO.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to Resumes@tdf.org. You may also use this email address should you have any accessibility concerns regarding this position.
Start Date: October 1, 2021
Please note that first round of interviews will take place between July 26- August 13. Final round of interviews will take place from August 30-September 10.
TDF is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). We are committed to diversity in all areas of our work, both in our programs and in our workplaces. We encourage applicants with a unique cultural perspective inclusive of race, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, class, physical ability and sexual orientation.