Dance/NYC Summer 2020 Volunteers
Would you like to make a difference and support the arts, the greater NYC community, and accessibility from home this summer?
Dance/NYC promotes the knowledge, appreciation, practice, and performance of dance in the metropolitan New York City area. It embeds values of justice, equity, and inclusion into all aspects of the organization. It works in alliance with Dance/USA, the national service organization for professional dance.
Committed to inclusion and access, Dance/NYC embodies this commitment across all research, technology and convening held by the organization. On May 21, the #ArtistsAreNecessaryWorkers campaign was launched, including a series of livestreamed videos to address the demands, acknowledgement, representation and integration of dance and arts workers into the decision-making that will envision our future post-pandemic.
Dance/NYC seeks volunteers to help edit and update closed captioning on the videos from their ongoing #ArtistsAreNecessaryWorkers series.
- Excellent editing, proofreading, and English language skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Interest in dance, the arts, and/or accessibility advocacy preferred.
- Access to a computer with reliable high speed internet.
- Familiarity with YouTube, basic video editing, and closed captioning a plus.
Volunteers must have at least partial availability on Tuesday-Thursday between the hours of 10-5 for the month of July.
To apply, please fill out the application at: