Assistant, Membership- New York City Ballet Job Posting
Lincoln Center, New York City
New York City Ballet is one of the foremost dance companies in the world, with a roster of spectacular dancers and an unparalleled repertory. Founded in 1948 by George Balanchine and Lincoln Kirstein, New York City Ballet quickly became world-renowned for its athletic and contemporary style. Widely acknowledged for its enduring contributions to dance, New York City Ballet is committed to promoting creative excellence and nurturing a new generation of dancers and choreographers. The School of American Ballet is the official training academy of the New York City Ballet.
The Assistant, Membership reports to the Senior Coordinator, Membership and helps to manage the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individual donors $100 – $2,499, and Membership’s administration, benefit fulfillment, and events. This position assists with the program’s acquisition, renewal, and second-ask campaigns through all channels of fundraising – direct mail, online, and telefunding. The Assistant serves as a primary contact for Members and assists with managing all Membership’s fundraising campaigns.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Assists with managing membership plan to further fundraising objectives.
Works with the Senior Coordinator, Membership to:
• Assist with day-to-day management of the Membership program, and manage relationships and
communications with current and prospect individual donors under $2,500.
• Develop and create Membership materials; including solicitation and acknowledgement letters,
brochures, e-communications, invitations and benefit fulfillment correspondence.
• Track annual fundraising objectives for Membership, including financial goals and benchmarks, and reports.
• Coordinate all Membership fundraising campaigns; including acquisition, renewal, and second-ask
• Serve as primary point of contact for Members via phone and email.
• Manage outside vendors to create and implement various Membership direct mail and
communication projects; including helping to develop initial concepts and designs, generate and
submit donor segments, and direct approved timelines and schedules.
• Coordinate NYCB’s IDNYC program with NYC’s Department of Cultural Affairs.
Coordinate membership and individual giving tasks to advance annual fundraising plans.
• Creates and sends tax-receipts, Membership cards, and benefit packets in a timely manner.
• Provides support to Member events and receptions; including working dress and orchestra
rehearsals in collaboration with the Volunteer Office, Call Center, Box Office, and other Development
• Assists with creating various Membership materials; including brochures, stewardship/cultivation
materials and invitations, Membership cards, and benefit packets, etc.
• Works with Donor Records to receive and process Membership contributions and pledge payments.
Supports development with planning and implementing organizational goals
• Manages Membership’s annual solicitation and events calendars.
• Serves as contact with outside vendors for all Membership communications and events; including
mail houses and designers.
• Manages ordering of Development Department’s office supplies.
• Provides support and completes additional projects as assigned.
• Highest moral character and integrity
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Self-motivated, results oriented, and goal focused
• Committed to and enthusiastic about the mission, programs and services of NYCB
• Ability to manage multiple projects independently and meet deadlines with limited oversight
• Solid customer service skills required
• Proficiency with standard business applications, such as MS Office
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Less than 5% travel
• Experience with Tessitura or related donor database preferred.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position and the hours of work are between 10am – 6pm weekdays. Position requires the ability to participate in donor events and attend performances, including frequent evenings and weekends. Travel may be required as needed.
• A salary to match your experience and qualifications
• A competitive benefits package including health and dental insurance
• Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account Programs
• Generous paid time off policy including holidays, floating holidays/personal days, sick and vacation
Interested, qualified candidates may apply by forwarding their resume and salary requirements to:
With “Assistant, Membership” in the subject line.
No Phone Calls, Please.
New York City Ballet is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military status or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, unemployment status, familial status, sexual violence or stalking victim status, caregiver status, arrest or conviction record to extent required by applicable law, credit history or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement of Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
New York City Ballet, one of the foremost ballet companies in the world, pursues the highest levels of artistic excellence and innovation. Therefore, we seek to attract, retain, and cultivate the most talented dancers, musicians, designers, stage technicians, and arts administrators. To this end, we are deeply committed to creating and sustaining an organizational culture that values diversity, inclusion, and equity. We are inspired by our founders, George Balanchine and Lincoln Kirstein, who envisioned an authentically American expression of ballet with a company that reflects the rich cultural diversity of this nation. In pursuit of their vision, we are committed to educating, developing, and supporting an organization that embodies diversity in its many forms.
For more information about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, please visit: