What’s Happening, NYC: December
“Hunter’s Got Talent.” -Simon Cowell, probably
- Support your fellow students by coming out to the Hunter College Choir’s concert. Paul F. Mueller and Michael Sheetz will be conducting. Go out to have your ears blessed (for FREE, of course)!
- For more Arts events at Hunter feel free to browse the OOA events calendar.
Fri. Dec 8, 7:30-9:30pm
Hunter North Assembly Hall
Go learn to haiku
Write a better poem than mine
Lots of other arts
- An entire day of performances, workshops, and displays at the East Village Arts Festival at Tompkins Square Library. Film screenings, a guitar performance, and a jewelry making workshop: there’s a little something for everyone. And yes, there’s a haiku workshop, so please feel free to write a much better one than the one above and submit it to Hunter’s Olivetree Review next semester.
- Guess what: you’ll be supporting New York’s local artists by attending the FREE event!
Wed. Dec 13, 11am-8pm
Tompkins Square Library
Do it for Insta
- If you didn’t see it in November, Yayoi Kusama’s Festival of Life is still on exhibit at the David Zwirner galleries at 525 and 533 West 19th Street in Chelsea.
- Her art consists of everything from paintings to polka dots to mirror rooms. Yes, the trippy, must-post-on-all-social-media ones. Definitely go check it out for FREE before the exhibition ends.
Ongoing until Sat. Dec 16
David Zwirner Galleries
“Yikes.” -Me, @Leontes
- Get FREE tickets to see a sit-down run of the Mobile Unit production of Shakespeare’s Winter’s Tale at The Public Theater.
- Line up / enter a lottery and find more information at https://www.publictheater.org/en/Programs–Events/Mobile-Unit-2017/
- Psst: did you know that The Public Theater is one of Hunter’s many Cultural Partners? Hunter students get special free and discounted ticket opportunities to its partners, so take the advantage for the amazing opportunity that it is! Keep an eye out in the OOA emails for any future opportunities, and check out https://ooa.hunter.cuny.edu/cultural-partners/ for the full list of our amazing partners.
Ongoing until Sun. Dec 17
The Public Theater
Whitney-ess some great art
- Laura Owen’s 60+ paintings are on view at the Whitney Museum until February 4, 2018.
- An innovative and inventive artist, Laura Owens doesn’t just use paint for her works: she experiments with a bunch of different materials and digital media to create her colorful masterpieces.
- Hunter students can see Whitney’s exhibitions for FREE (Just make sure to bring your IDs)! For a list of other museums you get access to for free, check the OOA free museums guide.
You must be logged in to post a comment.