Request for Proposal (RFP) – Project Coordinator
Applications will be accepted through January 29, 2021.
The Project Coordinator will assist in the development of Museum Hue’s online platform
centering arts and cultural entities within Black, Indigenous, and other people of color
communities throughout New York City. The individual in this position will play a key role in the information-gathering, programming, planning, scheduling, managing, and evaluating of a diverse array of activities, which include the following:
● Help compile a comprehensive list of NYC’s Black, Indigenous, and other people of
color’s arts and cultural entities;
● Help cultivate relationships with NYC arts leaders and other stakeholders across the five boroughs;
● Collect assets (photographs, videos, etc) for the database/website about each entity;
● Assist in creating and implementing a digital multimedia strategy focusing on Black,
Indigenous, and other people of color’s arts and cultural entities, including but not limited to: blog posts, articles, and a social media campaign;
● Help plan and facilitate community meetings and workshops centering NYC’s Black,
Indigenous, and other people of color’s arts and cultural entities;
● Draft and schedule various email communications using the Mailchimp platform;
● Help in shaping the vision and execution of Museum Hue’s programming;
● Assist researching grant funding opportunities; coordinating submission of grant
proposals and reports, and ensuring effective record keeping relative to grant funds;
● Assist in Museum Hue’s ongoing administrative needs: update website, membership
database, and mailing lists as needed.
● Other duties as assigned.
● Familiarity with NYC’s arts and cultural landscape;
● Interest in Black, Indigenous, and other people of color’s arts and cultural entities;
● At least 1-3 years experience contributing to successful programs in the arts & culture
● Live in NYC and can work remotely but can also collect assets in-person as needed and
in accordance with COVID-safe policies;
● Professional interpersonal communication skills, written, oral, and over Zoom;
● Excellent organizational, analytical, problem solving, and interpreting data skills;
● Well-organized, attentive to details, and goal-oriented;
● Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Suite, Zoom, and social media
platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter);
● Project management skills;
● Enjoys working in teams and collaborating; and has a good sense of humor;
● Has access to technology to work remotely.
● $25 per hour
● A year-long commitment for an independent contractor.
● We expect that this work will be 30-35 hours per week to be finalized in discussion.
● Fee payable upon mutually agreed to deliverables schedule.
● No benefits are offered.
No educational minimum requirement to be considered for the position as long as the
applicant has equivalent/relevant experience
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter, CV, and two writing samples to Stephanie Johnson-Cunningham at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also provide 2 to 3 references that can be contacted to speak to your work in reference to the above.