Arts Administration & Marketing Internships Available
Performers Theatre Workshop (PTW), located in Maplewood, NJ, is one of the metropolitan area’s leading performing arts training centers. At PTW, students, ages three to adult can take a variety of classes in all performing areas. PTW offers over 87 classes on Saturday and throughout the week including classes in Voice, Song Interpretation, Musical Theatre Performance, Jazz/Hip-Hop, Tap, Ballet/Modern, Stage Acting, Acting for TV and Commercials, and Comedy & Improv. Private lessons are also available in voice, acting, dance, guitar, bass, piano, songwriting, music theory and audition preparation.
Currently, PTW is looking for several motivated interns to assist the Program Manager and Program Coordinator in key day-to-day tasks crucial to the smooth running of our top quality performing arts school. We have openings for an Arts Administration Intern and an Arts Admin/Teaching Intern. We have opportunities throughout the day, Monday-Friday, as well as on Saturday and Sunday.
Interns are matched to jobs that utilize their strengths and involve their area of interest.
Typical Responsibilities Include:
– Assist in managing studio operations
– Assist in management, communication and coordination of classes and performances
– Support and expand public relations with the general public
– Assist during shows and registration
– Assist Program Manager and Office Manager with daily office tasks
– Arts Admin/Teaching Intern would allow for experience in assistant-teaching classes in the intern‘s area of study
– Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Possess multi-tasking and coordination experience
– Passion for the arts
– Demonstrate attention to details while maintaining perspective
– Have working knowledge of Google Docs
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com. In the email, please specify any office and/or performing arts related experience you may have.