Established in 1989, Lovett Stories + Strategies produces films focusing on social, cultural, and health-related issues. We have produced over 35 hours of prime time specials and series, groundbreaking independent documentary features, and impactful client videos and campaigns. Productions have
won critical acclaim and numerous awards, including the Peabody Award and an Emmy Nomination.
Documentary Film Office Intern
Lovett Stories + Strategies, a full-service production company based in SoHo, is seeking a driven film office intern to assist on various projects in all phases of development.
- Publicity campaign and series of screenings and discussions of the film Gay Sex in the 70s for the 50th Anniversary of the Stonewall Uprising in 2019
- Distribution (commercial and educational) of Children of the
Inquisition, a feature length documentary about the repercussions of the Spanish Inquisition and its eventual worldwide cultural, social, and religious impact
- Cutting shortform pieces for Children of the Inquisition for website and promotions
- Creating an interactive website for Children of the Inquisition
The Ideal Intern Has:
- Interest in understanding how to work behind the scenes in a small film production office
- Experience and interest in film, journalism, social media, creative writing, or marketing
- Initiative to pitch new ideas for campaigns
- Familiarity with PhotoShop and/or Adobe Premiere, not required but a major plus, as interns may be asked to work on basic graphic design and video editing projects
About the Internship:
The intern will be responsible for assisting us in amplifying the reach of our previously-released and work-in-progress films through research, marketing and social media related tasks, and the organization of archival material. Interns will have the opportunity to work closely with an Emmy Award-Winning filmmaker and team of creative collaborators.
An availability of a minimum of 12 hours per week is required to assist with:
- Helping to create and manage social media campaigns to engage audiences and increase streaming and purchase opportunities for films
- Tracking festival submission regulations and deadlines for feature documentary Children of the Inquisition, now in the final stages of post-production
- Assisting in finding venues and creating screening events for previously released films Gay Sex In The 70s and Going Blind
- Creating digital flyers and marketing material
- Assisting in email marketing campaigns and newsletter publication via MailChimp
- Publishing new content to WordPress websites
- Editing material to create short pieces for Children of the Inquisition
This internship is unpaid, but offers unique experience working in an active production office environment. Our manager will work with the intern to assure that assignments compliment the intern’s formal education program and include the student’s receipt of academic credit. The intern will be asked to make a 3-month minimum commitment with the option to continue for into the fall 2019 academic year. Meals while working from our office, and public transportation costs to and from, will be covered by Lovett Stories + Strategies.
To apply, please send your resume and a brief cover letter to about why this internship interest you.
Jordan Noël Hawkes
Lovett Stories + Strategies