Flushing Town Hall
Flushing Town Hall (FTH) is a catalyst for developing and promoting the arts and cultural activities throughout Queens, NYC, and a bridge to promote intercultural understanding through the arts in one of the most ethnically diverse counties in the U.S. FTH engages its multicultural community (138 languages are spoken in Queens) through the presentation of high quality, multidisciplinary arts programs – exhibitions; performances of jazz, classical music, puppetry theatre, dance, world music and spoken word; educational programs for audiences, artists, educators, and schools, free community events and family programs. FTH is a designated member of NYC’s prestigious 33-member Cultural Institutions Group (CIG), and a Smithsonian Affiliate.
FTH is seeking organized and dedicated interns to join its Chinese Community Initiatives. This is a great opportunity for those who are interested in developing a career in arts management and/or communications. The internship offers various hands-on experiences in marketing, programming, development, and project management.
- Bi-lingual (English/Mandarin)
- Knowledgeable or willingness to learn about Mandarin social media
- Out-going and composed when interacting with people
- Organized and attentive to details
- Computer (preferably PC and MS) savvy. Candidate may use his/her own laptop as well.
- Descriptions include but not limited to:
- Managing social media in Mandarin on behalf of Flushing Town Hall
- Drafting and translating copies, press releases, and e-newsletters
- Coordinating logistics of events or performances
- Assisting administrative tasks
- Serving as a Production Assistant and/or Front of House Staff at events
Hours: this internship requires 15-20 hours per week, 4-8 weeks or longer preferred but not required.
Compensation: unpaid, school credits optional
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and two writing samples (one in English, one in Mandarin) to Michael Liu at email@example.com. Only those who are selected will be contacted to schedule an interview.