BRIC Arts Media
BRIC Arts Media seeks a 2020 Curatorial Intern in Contemporary Art. The intern will assist with research, planning and writing for upcoming exhibitions, and, as time permits, assist with the administration of artist opportunity programs. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in the curatorial and administrative aspects of a major non– profit contemporary art program. The intern will learn how exhibitions are conceived, developed, and mounted, learn how BRIC uses its contemporary art exhibitions to engage and educate the public, and learn how contemporary art initiatives can be part of larger multi-disciplinary programming.
The intern’s prime responsibility will be to work under the Chief Curator during the preparation of BRIC’s forthcoming LatinXAbstract exhibition. The intern will write label text, assist in the coordination of the exhibition catalogue, act as a liaison to artists, and assist with other duties as assigned.
The intern may also:
– Conduct research for other exhibitions and assist with preparation of PowerPoints for upcoming shows.
– Write artist biographies associated with a series of virtual exhibitions to be launched in 2020-21.
– Assist with preparation of artist loan forms; – Contribute to BRIC’s blog.
– Help coordinate the open calls and panel reviews for two major artist-opportunity initiatives, a summer residency program and a year-long Media fellowship.
– Students majoring in art history or curatorial studies strongly preferred.
– Rising juniors or seniors, or those who have just received a BA.
– Good general knowledge of and interest in contemporary art and culture.
– Excellent writing and research skills.
– Good phone and communication skills.
– Highly organized and detailed; ability to keep track of information on multiple projects.
– Knowledge of PC and Mac computers. Computer programs including, Microsoft Word and Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Photoshop.
– Spanish-language skills a plus.
Fourteen hours per week for a 10-week period in Fall 2020.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Curatorial Intern. Please write a brief cover letter in the body of the email and attach resume. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.